Okay so I am a little behind. Sorry for the delay!
Here is the menu for the week:
Thursday B- Pear Scramble, L- Leftover chicken, D – Paleo Chicken Alfredo,
Tuesday B – fried eggs, sausage and avocado, L – Leftover Steak, D – Fish Tacos
Okay this was delicious! I found the shrimp recipe on the food network’s website.I hope you all love this as much as Danny did. He told me he would pay $20 for this at a restaurant.
Avocado Topped with Roasted Shrimp
- 2 1/2 pounds (12 to 15 count) shrimp
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup good mayonnaise (I used Mimi’s mayo)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (2 oranges)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon good white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons small-diced red onion
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Peel and devein the shrimp. Place them on a sheet pan with the olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and toss together. Spread the shrimp on one layer and roast for 6 to 8 minutes, just until pink, firm and cooked through. Allow to cool for 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, orange zest, orange juice, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. When the shrimp are cool, add them to the sauce and toss. Add the dill, capers, and red onion and toss well.
Cut avocado in half and de-seed. Place shrimp in the middle of the avocado.